The Cultural Orientations Indicator® (COI)—the centerpiece of the Cultural Navigator®—is a web-based, self-reporting tool designed to foster self-awareness and other-awareness so users can effectively communicate and collaborate in a global team environment.
The assessment of an individual’s work style and cultural preferences is delivered with a summary report that provides recommendations and suggests relevant resources for building effective skills and cultural agility. The COI has been psychometrically validated for reliable results, and is available in over 10 languages.
The COI assessment and report is divided into three dimensions:
- Interaction Style
- Thinking Style
- Sense of Self
The COI model is designed to be flexible, allowing users to complete each dimension of the assessment in any order they wish, either in one sitting or in parts as time allows.
Instant results are provided for each dimension in an easy-to-understand report that includes the following:
- Explanatory audio debrief
- Overview of common cultural challenges with recommendations for addressing them
- Example scenarios based on real-world workplace interactions
- Comparisons of individual results with country norms to identify common cultural differences and similarities
- Internal comparison options for individuals to map their results with their organization, function and teams with the goal being to identify gaps and fully address them.
- Recommendations for Learning Paths, activities and resources based on the individual’s cultural preferences
The COI assessment and report is a valuable tool that can serve to bridge cultural gaps, leading to strengthened business relationships and successful initiatives.
Cultural Orientations Indicator® is a trademark of Training Management Corporation (TMC), A Berlitz Company.